Working Profile of Planning & Hydrology (Surface Water-SW), Maharashtra State
- Under National Hydrology Project with financial aid of World Bank, Office of Chief Engineer, Hydrology Project, Nashik has been established with Maharashtra Government Resolution dated on 14/06/1996 for collecting Hydrometeorological Data relevant to Surface Water.
- This office has renamed as ‘Chief Engineer, Planning & Hydrology’ as per Maharashtra Government Resolution dated on 12/10/2010 in Official Restructuring.
- As per Maharashtra Government Resolution dated on 14/01/2015, Offices including ‘Dam Safety Organisation (Along-with Instrumentation Research Division), Water Planning Division (Flood), Hydro-dynamic Research Division and Management and Information System Cell-MIS are attached with this Office from 01/04/2015.
- As per Maharashtra Government Resolution dated on 05/01/2019, Management and Information System Cell-MIS has been closed. Moreover, as per Maharashtra Government Resolution dated on 07/09/2019, Basin Simulation Division, Pune has been attached to Office of Chief Engineer, Water Resources Department, Pune.
Brief Description of working at Chief Engineer Office Level
- Work of Collection, Validation, Analysis, Storage and Dissemination with Advanced Techniques by monitoring River gauging Sites, Rainfall Stations and Meteorological Stations
- Issuing Water Availability Certificates to planned Water Resources Projects after hydrological Scrutiny of proposal sent by Field Chief Engineer, Offices.
- Collection of Hydrometeorological Data of Krishna-Bhima Basin for forecasting of floods by advanced technology.
- Flood Study of all Major and Medium Dams in Maharashtra.
- 2D Model study of different dams in Maharashtra, Back Water Study of different projects, Measurement of Canal Discharge
- Annual Safety Checking and Report Making for Selected Major Dams under Water Resources Department and all Private Dams in Maharashtra State.
- Being as a member of State Level Technical Advisory Committee – SLTAC, Checking of Estimates costing more than Rs. 25 Crore received for Administrative and Revised Administrative Approval under Water Resources Department.
- In the period of ‘Sinhansth Kumbhmela’ in the year 2015, special task of measuring Water Pollution in Godavari River for the length from River Origin to Saaykheda for selected 12 locations for duration between 25/08/2015 to 28/09/2015 has been carried out to know Water Quality Trend.
- Checking of Work Reports of Water Resources Projects as directed by Special Inquiry Committee. Different tasks are performed for implementation of instructions provided in petition of honorable National Green Tribunal, Western Zone, Pune.
- To Prepare Guideline for marking of Flood Affected Area and extent of Flood Line.
- To decide different terms in Estimates for marking Flood Affected Area and Flood Line.
- To decide Flood Area-Flood Line Marking duration.
- To plan training in this subject for Field Officers
Brief Description of working at Circle Office Level
There are Three Circle Offices including 1. Superintending Engineer, Data Collection, Planning and Hydrology Circle, Nashik, 2. Superintending Engineer, Data Analysis Circle, Nashik and 3. Superintending Engineer, Dam Safety Organisation Circle Nashik working under Chief Engineer, Planning & Hydrology, Nashik. Information regarding these Circle Offices is available in following links given.
Last Modified on : 28 Mar, 2021